Extrapolate the company from the user's email address

Dear Atlassian Team,

l'm referring to your article https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-implement-slas-by-company-organization-or-client-777027032.html

I created a custom field 'Customer' as Calculated Text Field. This field should return the company name based on the Service Desk customer registered e-mail address.

May I kindly ask you what formula will best fit this requirement? Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards,

Tommy.

3 answers

Use the JIRA Toolkit Add-on that provides a custom field of type "domain of reporter"

Dear Andrea, Thanks for the tip, I will try this right away! Have a great day, greeting from Belgium

Thanks for the prompt answer.

I could add the Domain reporter under Custom field 'Cust'

now I'm trying to 'trim' the text string in a Calculated Text field 'Customer' (JIRA Misc Custom field), using the following formula

<!-- @@Formula: issue.get("cust")+replaceAll("\\s+","%20","","@",".") -->

But the field does not populate in the Issue Navigator Form. May I kindly ask for advise on the used formula?

Besides, It seems that these special fields cannot be populated in JIRA Service Desk Request form. Is it correct?

Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

36,425 views 13 39
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you