Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export and import JIRA Service Desk from one environment to another

Vasu May 14, 2014

We have the requirement to migrate the existing JIRA Service Desk data to another system as part of JIRA upgrade. Do we have option of export/import the Service Desk data just like JIRA?

5 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2014

If you generate a full site backup of a JIRA+Service Desk environment, you can import this back into another JIRA instance. If you ensure that the Service Desk add-on is installed on the target instance before performing the import, all Service Desk data/configurations get taken over.

If you are performing this in a self hosted environment of JIRA, opposed to JIRA OnDemand, you have to be aware that this will not work for project imports, just for full site imports. Project imports on OnDemand are not available at all.

3 votes
Infra Estrutura June 22, 2015

hi there,

i have 2 servers of jira, one called jira-dev and another called jira-prod. the jira-dev server was created as a mirror of jira-prod, just to configure the service desk plugin and analyze its behavior.
well, now the configuration is done and i need to migrate the environment changes to jira-prod including the associations with existing projects, but in this time a lot of issues was created and treated in jira-prod.
my doubt is how to merge the most recent configurations about projects and service desk plugin stored in jira-dev and the most recent data issues, attachments, etc that is stored in jira-prod.
i already tried to use the "configuration manager" plugin, but the service desk came empty to the prod server. any ideas?
thanks!

Lana Wright August 24, 2015

I also have this requirement. (Migrating a single Service Desk from a JIRA dev instance to production.) Has anyone found a way to accomplish this?

Infra Estrutura August 24, 2015

Lana, unfortunately the solution in my case was exporting the schemes of workflows, issuetypes, etc with "configuration manager" plugin and recreate everything of service desk in the new server.

Lana Wright August 24, 2015

Thanks, Infra! I've been proceeding with that [unfortunate] assumption. I appreciate you taking the time to confirm.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2015

It's not easy for JIRA Agile or Zephyr add-ons either. Structure is a bit better.

0 votes
Jennifer Ping September 12, 2016

This is something I need to do in a week or so.  Is there an easier way to export a service desk to another server?

Application_Group June 11, 2017

Hi, 

Were you able to get this working. I find myself in the same situation now and so far migrating using SQL queries is proving quite complex...

Jenny Hagstrom June 13, 2017

Hi, 

I´m also in the same position as you guys were I need to migrate a project from 1 server to another server. My biggest issue is that the SLA metric will not be migrated when you do a project iexport/import. 

0 votes
Alicia Pena November 18, 2015

I also need this feature.  We set up our service desk on a developer licensed staging area but now we have many issues and configurations that want to keep and import into our production JIRA so we won't be running on 2 different systems.  Anyone know how  I can accomplish this?

0 votes
gguirand April 15, 2015

Hello,

I reopen this question : capability to import/export a single "service desk" project from JIRA to JIRA (cloud to server for exemple),

If this feature will be avaible in time, or you already know it will never be developed ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events