Email notification flagged by Microsoft as potential fraud

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2017

I have noticed something over the past several weeks that I have been meaning to investigate and I am hopeful someone can point me to the cause or a hint.

We use Outlook and I have noticed that on some tickets that are open the notification is flagged by MS as potential spoofing. I know this is not the case. It appears to be assocaited with any user that has their Full Name = to their email, which is another issue that I'm trying to figure out. I do not see this if they Full Name = first name last name, e.g. Jack Brickey. I am thinking that this may be related to the recent changes in login authentication.

The email come in with the following header displayed

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2017

I worked this out with Atlassian support. Ultimately they pointed me to MS. However, I resolved as follows...

I was able to correct the issue by having all users that had their "Full Name" = their email address log into id.atlassian.com and change their FN to First Last.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events