E-Mail notification by JIRA Service Desk

Hello dear team of Atlassian,
One of our clients uses JIRA Service Desk. Notifications are sent to the agents using the "Automation for JIRA" plugin. Now there is the following situation. If a ticket is closed or done in the JIRA Service Desk, no notification has yet been sent to the author. We have already tried some test cases in the plugin "Automation", but unfortunately we can not solve this problem. My idea was to make a change in the basic settings of JIRA Service Desk, but it was not successful in my search. Could you possibly help me with this?

Best regards
Robert

4 answers

0 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Nov 09, 2017

not sure how/why the plugin is being used to send email notifications since that is native in JSD but I'm sure there is a reason. can you check the Customer Notifications and see what notifications are enabled?

0 vote
Susan Ostreicher Community Champion Nov 09, 2017

Hello Robert, 

I think normally that falls under "Customer notifications".  When you look at your Customer notifications, and edit the "Request resolved" notification, does anything look off there? 

Hi Jack & Susan

I have admin access rights for our client and can also make changes to the system.
For the system settings in the Applications area, I have activated the Notifications on option in the "JIRA Service Desk" configurations. Nevertheless, the authors do not receive an e-mail when the ticket is completed or closed.

Can I find the customer notifications elsewhere?

thanks for your help

0 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Nov 10, 2017

@Robert Six, please share an image of what appears here - Project>Project Settings>Customer Notifications

@Jack Brickey

Please do not be surprised ... it is a German customer, so everything is in German.
I could see that the Notification Scheme by default should inform the author and all editors of any change, but it may prevent the "Automation for JIRA" plugin.
Could that be possible?
Notifications1.pngNotifications2.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,131 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot