Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail notification by JIRA Service Desk

Robert Six November 9, 2017

Hello dear team of Atlassian,
One of our clients uses JIRA Service Desk. Notifications are sent to the agents using the "Automation for JIRA" plugin. Now there is the following situation. If a ticket is closed or done in the JIRA Service Desk, no notification has yet been sent to the author. We have already tried some test cases in the plugin "Automation", but unfortunately we can not solve this problem. My idea was to make a change in the basic settings of JIRA Service Desk, but it was not successful in my search. Could you possibly help me with this?

Best regards
Robert

4 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2017

@Robert Six, please share an image of what appears here - Project>Project Settings>Customer Notifications

Robert Six November 14, 2017

@Jack Brickey

Please do not be surprised ... it is a German customer, so everything is in German.
I could see that the Notification Scheme by default should inform the author and all editors of any change, but it may prevent the "Automation for JIRA" plugin.
Could that be possible?
Notifications1.pngNotifications2.png

0 votes
Robert Six November 10, 2017

Hi Jack & Susan

I have admin access rights for our client and can also make changes to the system.
For the system settings in the Applications area, I have activated the Notifications on option in the "JIRA Service Desk" configurations. Nevertheless, the authors do not receive an e-mail when the ticket is completed or closed.

Can I find the customer notifications elsewhere?

thanks for your help

0 votes
Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

Hello Robert, 

I think normally that falls under "Customer notifications".  When you look at your Customer notifications, and edit the "Request resolved" notification, does anything look off there? 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

not sure how/why the plugin is being used to send email notifications since that is native in JSD but I'm sure there is a reason. can you check the Customer Notifications and see what notifications are enabled?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events