Don't have "Add approval" checkbox in status workflow edit screen in my server Jira (JIRA 7.1.1)

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring JIRA Service Desk approvals

In workflow edit screen, on status settings, there is no such checkbox. Only "Allow all statuses...". Don't know why.

6 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

there seems to be more to this than just not having a service desk project ...

I am using one, but still no "Add approval" checkbox when selecting a status in the workflow.

In case someone lands here looking for an answer ...

until the workflow is associated with an issue type that in turn is associated with a service desk project the 'Add approval' checkbox will not appear.

Basically update the Workflow scheme assoicated with the service desk project and pick the corresponding issue type that you will map the request type to.

Once you publish the updated workflow sheme, viola...

You have no idea how much time and frustration you saved me with your hint.
Indeed it works as you described.

Thank you!

Thanks Williams,

I always forget that detail,

Regards!

I am trying to modify an existing workflow (which is associated with a Service Desk proejct when I create the project). But I cannot see the "Add Approval" checkbox... 

I as well do not have the "Add approval" checkbox and I'm running JIRA 6.4.12. Does anyone from Atlassian know why and how to fix this?  

I am having the same issueScreen Shot 2016-07-21 at 4.14.24 PM.png

same issue that don't have "Add approval" on the workflow, but nobody helped answer this question for long time

Jepp, same here - and I had the hope to get an answer here.

Here is the answer:

When you set project type as "Service Desk", the approval checkbox will be appeared on your workflow, for the other type "Software" or "Business", it doesn't have this function.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

11,083 views 9 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you