Do portal-only customers need Atlassian ID to view Confluence Knowledge Base?

Rosa M Fossi December 5, 2017

I'm a little confused... I was under the impression there was a restriction where I would have to convert my portal-only customers' accounts to an Atlassian ID (still portal-only though with no licenses) to be able to properly navigate/restrict accesses in the confluence knowledge base.  

Today, from a test portal-only non-atlassian ID account, I was able to see a knowledge base article from the portal.  Am I losing my mind?  was there never a restriction?  or are there only certain restrictions for non-atlassian-id users?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

Hi Rosa,

Your portal-only customers do not need access an atlassian id to see the Knowledge base articles from WITHIN Service Desk.  Which will display the top 3 best matches with a short article.

To navigate to Confluence, they would need an atlassian id.

JSDCLOUD-4901 is one of the issues dealing with this request if you would like to vote for it.

Hope that helps

Susan

Rosa M Fossi December 11, 2017

Thanks for your reply Susan.      I'm not sure what "WITHIN" service desk actually means...   Can they see a hyperlink to the article, but then can't see the actual article because it takes them to Confluence? 
Or are they able to preview the entire article? 

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2017

Hi Rosa,

They will be able to see the entire article in a pop up window in Service Desk.  But any links to confluence will not work.

Susan

Rosa M Fossi December 11, 2017

Thanks!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events