Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable service desk reply via email option

Matthias November 25, 2019

I can't find any more infos on that. Is this option now available? 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2019

Hello Matthias,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When a customer receives a notification, in order for them to add a comment on the ticket, they can reply to the email, it’s not possible to disable that.

If we disable notifications, it will affect all customers and currently, if a customer has permission, they can reply to the notification in order to add a comment.

We don’t have any feature request suggesting this, so please, feel free to raise one on jira.atlassian.com (project JSDCLOUD) or let us know more details about why this feature is important for your environment for us to create the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Matthias November 27, 2019

This is strange that this is no option, yet. Email spam is getting worse by the day and we have of course signatures. We use JSD for internal support and when someone is commenting via email there is every single time 80% of the message useless information like our mail addresses, numbers and a big fat banner from our own company. In relation to often just one sentence as answer this is unusabel because nobody can find useful information fast because half the side is full of our own signature and banner.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and details, Matthias.

On Jira Service Desk, there is an option called "Strip Quotes" which removes the history of the email and only adds what is on "Reply above this line". If it's not set, please go to Jira Settings > Products > Configuration > Strip quotes.

Regarding the email signatures, there is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Matthias November 28, 2019

Hey Angélica 

thank you for your response. It was under "Email request" and not "Configuration".

It was enabled, but it does nothing to the signature, because people write above the line and the mail client naturally add the signature under their message. So this is not a solution at all.

I voted for the implementation, but like the Next-Gen-Kanban-Done-Pile issue I am not ready to wait for this over a year.

I can't get my head around why it's not possible to forbid replys to the sender address. NOREPLY@acme.com is a thing since I can remember.

It would be so much easier to handle your otherwise clever and very helping helpdesk solution. But as often it is the little things which makes it difficult to use.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events