Disable login

Hi,

When we reply at a ticket/support case in JIRA service desk, the customer will receive an email with our reply and a link to the ticket/support case.

They have to login at the link/page to view the content of the ticket/support case. A lot of our customers don't like to login and most of them forget their passwords. How can we disable the need to login and just show the content immediately?

Kind Regards,

Peter

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

If a user does not log in, Jira cannot know who they are, and hence what to allow them access to.

If you don't care that everyone will have access to everything, you can start using the "anyone" group in permissions, which will allow "anonymous access", which means people don't have to log in to see anything.

Thank you for your answer! In that case I will think we will have to move to another software system or enforce our users to login.

You'll have the same structural problem in other systems.  If a user doesn't identify themselves, there's no way a system can know what to hide or show them.

0 vote
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Dec 06, 2017

Hello,

You should setup Single sign on in your Jira Instance.

You can read more here.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/single-sign-on-integration-with-the-atlassian-stack-794495126.html

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, but I don't want clients to login at all to view their ticket.

When will I receive an answer? I don't think waiting 14 days is something you can expect when you pay for support.

We're not support, we're a community of end users like yourself.

Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 20, 2017

@Peter Bin, to be clear this forum is a community of users such as yourself. If you want Atlassian’s direct support you need to open a support ticket.

with that said, if I understand your question, what you are asking is not possible.

Thank you for your answer! Unfortunately everytime I try to open a support ticket I get redirected to this community.

Thank you for the information!

Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 20, 2017

Ah you are on the 10 license starter option which limits you to the community forum. Regardless, my answer still stands. Maybe someone else can provide you better answer. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

798 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you