Delete customer comments only

Guillaume Calmels November 8, 2017

Hi,

I want to delete only the customer comment option. I saw that we can deactivate comments for roles, but it delete the entier comments module.

We just want to have internal comments for those who take the issue, and not write a comment for clients...

comments jira.jpg

Can you help me please ?

Thanks for advance.

Guillaume.

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

@Guillaume Calmels, it sounds like you wish to "disable" the public comment feature w/in a project? This isn't currently possible. But you can turn off the notification under Customer Notifications.

Thanks Jack for your answer.

But if we give access to the customer at the issue, I suppose he could read the customer comments...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

yes that is correct. they could still see the comments if they viewed in portal. I'm thinking there may be a way to disable the feature using status properties but it will take a bit of research. I briefly looked w/in the community and found this thread that you may find useful and could lead to an answer.

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2017

Hi Guillame,

That's an interesting config that you want the person owning the issue not to respond to the customer?   Depending on how much you need that individual working with that issue to do, you could make them a non-agent, as non-agents cannot comment to customers.

Otherwise, I don't believe there is a way to handle this.

Cheers,

Thanks Susan for your answer.

Where can we parameter the non-agent ?

It's helpdesk project.

Our interesting config is that a person localized in Paris (but in our company, the Support / helpdesk team) is the only one who can send a comment to a client. Today they don't do that, they close an issue and a closed mail is sent to the customer (with salesforce).

(We want to use the jira helpdesk and quit Salesforce)

Once the issue created, a developper from Bordeaux analyze the issue and treat the issue. But this person is not in contact with the client, but this person can send comments to the support team.

Guillaume.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events