Customizing Text Content of Alert

Is it possible to customize the content of the message that is sent when an alert message is generated? 

For example, what the message I receive now is - 

ACME Automation mentioned you on ACME-1

Re: My Super Important Ticket

This issue requires your attention.

3 answers

1 votes
Jack Brickey Community Champion Aug 24, 2017

@James Mclellan,

I need more info in order to direct you properly.

You can edit the templates for customer notifications here - Project > Project Settings > Customer Notifications

You can use the Automation feature to create unique notifications to individuals, customers, groups.

Thanks @Jack Brickey!

I'm looking to change the alert, not the Customer Notification. In my specific use case, when an urgent Service Desk ticket is received, I'd like to raise an alert so that supervisors are aware of the problem.

The feedback I've gotten is that the alert text is not specific enough for them to understand what the call to action is. If I could customize the text of the alert, that might help.

Jack Brickey Community Champion Aug 25, 2017

@James Mclellan,

sorry my brain is working on other issues here but what do you mean by "alert" drawing a blank at the moment. Can you provide more info on where this alert is configured?

Maybe it is an Automation rule you have? If so simply edit the automation rule or Create an automation rule.

@Jack Brickey, no problem.

In this project's Automation rule, under the THEN block is an 'Alert user' action, which provides a list of users to alert when the IF condition is met (in this case, creation of a high priority issue).

The 'Alert user' action takes, as arguments, a list of specific users to alert that the highe priority issue is received.

What I would like to do is be able to customize the text of the message these users receive, so that it's easier for the users to understand.

I'd like to see this one answered as well....  have same situation,  the email someone recieves when the automation is triggered to send an ID and "alert"  isn't clear.    I'd like to customer the email subject and content to say something like Respond required or Ticket Assigned to your Group and needs action.    

0 votes

I am in the same boat. Users started sending me emails replying "You have my attention!" What else do you expect when they get an email which only says 'This issue requires your attention'. 

How do I customize this message? Anyone?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

360 views 1 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot