Customers are not able to share a Service Desk issue

Charis June 5, 2017

What project permission controls the customer's ability to share their issues with other customers? 

My customers are not able to see the "share" link for one of our service desk projects (while they can see the "share" link for other service desk projects within the same platform). 

We're using Jira SD version 3.2.6. 

Thanks! 

3 answers

3 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2017

Under Project Settings - Customer Permissions.  Who can customer share requests with?  - 3options

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2017

Hi Charis,

Just to confirm Susan's answer the article Set up customer permissions also includes the informaiton to properly set the permissions.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Charis June 5, 2017

The link leads me to the Cloud documentation and upon my attempt to fllow the instruction in our server version, I noticed that we actually do not have "Customer Permissions" neither at the project level nor at the platform level (at the Jira Service Desk -> Configuration). 

As we're using Jira Service Desk the server version, how can we configure "Share" for the customers? Thank you! 

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2017

Hi Charis,

Thanks for letting me know that.  In the customer portal, agents and customers can add participants by selecting Share. Participants receive an email notifying them that they are participating in the request. 

Please take a look at Adding request participants, Managing access to your Service Desk and Learn more about request participants for Service Desk Server instructions.

Cheers,

Branden

Charis June 5, 2017

Thanks Branden - I found my answer on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver032/adding-request-participants-828800761.html    

1. Go to Project settings

2. Go to "Request security"

3. Under "Manage who can add participants to a request", choose "Agents and customers. 

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2017

Hi Charis,

I'm happy to hear the Adding request participants article helped you resolve this issue and I hope you have a great rest of the week!

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events