Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer search linked to Knowledge Base

Naoki Shimmachi March 24, 2015

Hi, 
From "Welcome to the Help Center" page, "Find a solution" box is currently linked to knowledge base but search results only show up when on Admin/agent account and nothing shows up when logged in as Customer Account. 

Is there a specific setting?

please advise. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2015

Hi Naoki, 

If the Confluence space is set up to allow anonymous viewing, any user can search the service desk when they're putting in requests (in other words, they don't have to be Confluence users). However, if the space viewing is restricted to certain users, customers must have the same username in Confluence in order to search the space from the service desk. 

Do you think this can be the case?

Cheers!

Hello Elisa, Thank you for your prompt response. Just chatted internally and we would like to keep our Confluence space private(restricted viewing). Would you guide me how to create user's in confluence and label them as customers? thank you in advance.

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2015

Hi Naoki, to add users on Confluence you just need to login, visit User Management and add them there. Just be aware that today there is no such feature that will allow you to change a service desk customer into a Confluence or JIRA user. See this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-959 As a workaround what you can do is: remove this customer from service desk (visit the customer's list and remove the user). Then, if necessary visit the User Management and remove the user from there. After that, just re-add the user via User Management with Confluence application access. Then, add this customer back to the service desk customer's list. I think this workaround might work. :) Just be aware that you might have to grant this user the permission to access that specific space.

Hi Elisa, Thank you for the instruction. Will give it a shot and let you know if it works out. thank you for your time.

1 vote
Naoki Shimmachi March 25, 2015

Hey Elisa,

I dont think that the workaround that you proposed will work for us as switching Service Desk Customers over to Confluence users takes up users in our Confluence set up and I believe will move us into a higher pricing tier. We have about 100 Service Desk Customers that we will need to access the knowledge base we linked to our service desk - so this is not an ideal option.

Additionally, even if we were to move those users over to be Confluence users, managing the permissions for all of those will become very tedious.

Is there any other option that you can propose?

Thanks for your help so far,

Naoki

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events