Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create ticket by email when instance controls multiple SD projects

Teemu Niemi April 24, 2019

If instance holds multiple SD projects, how you can control access between them?

SD A is primary site, where organization users are instructed to create tickets either by customer portal, email or by Jira itself.

SD B is for external users, where specific users can create tickets. SD B users are not allowed to access SD A.

SD A is configured for Customer Permissions as "Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal", because otherwise ticket creation can not be done by email. Is this really so?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2019

Each SD project has its own email channel so that issues can be created in the appropriate project. For example:

sdA@mycompany.com - creates issue in SD A

sdB@mycompany.com - creates issue in SD B

I'm not exactly sure what your issue or question is. What problem are you running into? SD A doesn’t have to be open to public to make emails work. You can lock it down to specific users and still allow email issue creation by those users.

Teemu Niemi April 24, 2019

Exactly. In my opinion this is correct, but I have been told by colleagues that SD A must be set in Customer Permissions "Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal", if we want email tickets to be created.

We have organization wide Crowd. If we create one group for SD A customers and specify Customer Permissions "Customers who have an account on this JIRA site", then only this group can create tickets by email, customer portal or Jira itself.

Because of my colleagues, I need some specific information that I am correct :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2019

I wonder if your colleagues are referring to the scenario outlined here? I would suggest you set up your SD and test them out against your requirements.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events