Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create linked issue and transition original issue

Viktor June 12, 2019

Hey!

Im wondering because we have 5 different projects for different apartments, where each of them has their own queue.

Every now and then we need to move issues between projects.

We like the way "Create linked issue" works but we thin the  "Move issue" takes way too many steps - even for identical projects.

Is it possible to automatically transition issue, to let's say "waiting for support" - when a linked issue is created?

What I am trying to achieve is an easy way for a user to send issues to another project. Any ideas are welcome.

I have stumbled upon some discussion about this problem, but all I have found are outdated Scriptrunner scripts which throw errors as soon as they are pasted inside the script window.

Thank you for your time.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Viktor June 13, 2019

I think I have figured this out, for future reference:

This is made easy by using Jira Workflows and Jira Misc Workflow Extension.

Create a workflow status called "At department X" and a new transition "Send to department X". Another new transition from "At department X" to "Resolved".

For this transition, add a postfunction called Create Issue (from the JMWE extension). When configuring, select create issue at department X. Set linked issue "is caused by". Copy summary, description, reporter, and the fields you need to copy. Save.

Now add an automation inside the project that created the linked issue. When linked issue is transition, transition original issue to "Resolve".

Voila.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events