Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a ticket in a project automatically following the creation of a ticket on the service desk

Salade Thomas Oignon January 3, 2020

Hello everybody,

For beginning Happy New Year every one :)

I work in a Agency and I manage the support team.

We work with Jira Service Desk and Jira software.

Our clients create an issue on the service desk and I create manually a linked issue in the corresponding project on Jira Software.

All my clients are in an organization, so can we add an automatic rule :

If Client X in organisation "Project X" add a new issue in service desk, we automatically create a linked issue in the associate project "Project X" ?

Thank you for your answer :)

Yours sincerely,

Thomas

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Salade Thomas Oignon January 16, 2020

Hi @mike 

If you need more information, don't hesitate to tell me, we can look into it together.

Have a nice Day !

Thomas

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

Hi @Salade Thomas Oignon 

Sorry I missed your response on the 6th January. 

You can achieve this by using a free plugin called Automation LITE for JIRA.

When: Issue Created (on Jira Service Desk)

Then: Create a new ticket (with the same issue type/different issue type) in Jira Project (specify the name of the project).  

With this same rule you can specify what to carry over into the linked ticket (e.g. labels, priority, issue type, summary, description etc. 

-Mike

Salade Thomas Oignon January 16, 2020

Hi Mike ! Thank you, I'm going to look at this plugin

Thank you very much :)

With this I'll save a lot of time !

Thomas

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2020

Hi @Salade Thomas Oignon,

Automating this is possible, but first can you answer two questions? 

1. Why do you want to create a linked Issue in the same project X? (or did you mean to say project Y, which for example are your developers project, who solve the problems. 
  2. Does every ticket logged by Client X need to create a linked issue in project X? 

-Mike

Salade Thomas Oignon January 6, 2020

Hi Mike ! 

1 : Yes sorry, in project Y in Jira Software

2: Yes, every ticket !

Our customers report bugs to us and I'm the only one who has access to the service desk ( For a licensing issue). Each time I create a ticket linked to the jira Software project so that the developer can fix it.

Thank you for your help ! :)

Salade Thomas Oignon January 6, 2020

To illustrate, when the customer of the "Soluti" organization creates a ticket (main-716), I have to create a linked ticket in the "Soluti" project on Jira Software (sol-222)

shiva November 22, 2021

Hi @Mike Bowen , How to get linked issue of project Y. Can you help please

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events