Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't create your project due to an unknown error. Try refreshing the page to start again

Deleted user February 5, 2018

Hi there,

I installed Jira on a new server to analyze all the functions etc. to determine if our company will use Jira or not.

The installation went well, with these guides:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/connecting-jira-applications-to-sql-server-2012-802592195.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/installing-jira-applications-on-windows-802592170.html

After the installation, I wanted to create a new project to get started, but I always get to an error:

Couldn't create your project due to an unknown error. Try refreshing the page to start again

Tried to get help with the integrity checker etc. but it says it's all good.

Already tried this:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/couldn-t-create-your-project-due-to-an-unknown-error-try-refreshing-the-page-to-start-again-849170381.html?utm_medium=logScan&utm_source=STP

But no entries are showing if I execute named command.

Kind regards

Oliver

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user February 14, 2018

Hi Guys

I found the cause of the Error:

My language settings were on German (Swiss German) and after I changed it to English (United States) my project was created.

Thank you for your Help

Oliver

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2018

Nic is right, now that he mentions, I had this problem a couple of times.

i don’t know which version of jira you’re using, but once I had this problem when I tried to create a project from the pop up dialog, But when I try opening the project creation form in another window it worked.

the problem disappeared after a restart.

Deleted user February 7, 2018

Since we have the starter License, we cannot access personal support.
Version is 7.7.1

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2018

Hi Oliver, can you post the last entries of atlassian-jira.log and Catalina.out?

thanks

018-02-05 10:15:05,311 http-nio-80-exec-23 ERROR Jiradmin 614x393x1 ki00ks 192.168.200.158 /rest/project-templates/1.0/templates [c.a.p.r.c.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: An error occurred while notifying that a project was created
java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while notifying that a project was created
    at com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.DefaultProjectService.notifyHandlersOfProjectCreated(DefaultProjectService.java:397)
    at com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.DefaultProjectService.createProjectInternal(DefaultProjectService.java:379)
    at com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.DefaultProjectService.createProject(DefaultProjectService.java:349)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

Where is the catalina.out file? Cannot find it on the machine. Only the catalina.log file

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2018

We'll need to see more of the atlassian-jira.log

Catalina.out is under <jira install>/log

Alphouine February 5, 2018

Hello guys,

Looks like I'am having the same issue here. :'(

2018-02-05 16:16:06,060 http-nio-80-exec-20 DEBUG Jiradmin 975x60x1 czjici 192.168.200.158 /rest/project-templates/1.0/templates [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.ActiveObjectsServiceFactory] getService bundle [com.atlassian.servicedesk.plugins.automation.servicedesk-automation-plugin]
2018-02-05 16:16:06,170 http-nio-80-exec-20 ERROR Jiradmin 975x60x1 czjici 192.168.200.158 /rest/project-templates/1.0/templates [c.a.p.r.c.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: An error occurred while notifying that a project was created
java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while notifying that a project was created
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.DefaultProjectService.notifyHandlersOfProjectCreated(DefaultProjectService.java:397)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.DefaultProjectService.createProjectInternal(DefaultProjectService.java:379)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.DefaultProjectService.createProject(DefaultProjectService.java:349)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
... 1 filtered
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.atlassian.plugin.util.ContextClassLoaderSettingInvocationHandler.invoke(ContextClassLoaderSettingInvocationHandler.java:26)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy369.createProject(Unknown Source)
... 3 filtered
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.bridge.external.HostComponentFactoryBean$DynamicServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(HostComponentFactoryBean.java:136)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy369.createProject(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.jira.projecttemplates.service.ProjectTemplateServiceImpl.applyProjectTemplate(ProjectTemplateServiceImpl.java:173)
at com.atlassian.jira.projecttemplates.rest.ProjectTemplatesResource.createProjectFromFormRequest(ProjectTemplatesResource.java:170)
... 3 filtered
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60)
... 12 filtered
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter$JerseyOsgiServletContainer.doFilter(RestDelegatingServletFilter.java:154)
... 1 filtered
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter.doFilter(RestDelegatingServletFilter.java:68)
... 32 filtered
at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.ExternalCustomerLockoutFilter.doFilter(ExternalCustomerLockoutFilter.java:56)
... 13 filtered
at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.request.RedirectInterceptingFilter.doFilter(RedirectInterceptingFilter.java:21)
... 53 filtered
at com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.lambda$doFilter$0(JiraSecurityFilter.java:66)
... 1 filtered
at com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.doFilter(JiraSecurityFilter.java:64)
... 16 filtered
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.servlet.RestSeraphFilter.doFilter(RestSeraphFilter.java:37)
... 19 filtered
at com.atlassian.jira.servermetrics.CorrelationIdPopulatorFilter.doFilter(CorrelationIdPopulatorFilter.java:30)
... 5 filtered
at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.lambda$invokeFilterChain$0(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:181)
at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.api.util.context.ReentrantThreadLocalBasedCodeContext.rteInvoke(ReentrantThreadLocalBasedCodeContext.java:137)
at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.api.util.context.ReentrantThreadLocalBasedCodeContext.runOutOfContext(ReentrantThreadLocalBasedCodeContext.java:90)
at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.utils.context.CustomerContextServiceImpl.runOutOfCustomerContext(CustomerContextServiceImpl.java:47)
at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.outOfCustomerContext(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:174)
at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.doFilterImpl(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:130)
at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.doFilter(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:121)
... 4 filtered
at com.atlassian.jwt.internal.servlet.JwtAuthFilter.doFilter(JwtAuthFilter.java:32)
... 8 filtered
at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.request.RedirectInterceptingFilter.doFilter(RedirectInterceptingFilter.java:21)
... 4 filtered
at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.LocationCleanerFilter.doFilter(LocationCleanerFilter.java:36)
... 26 filtered
at com.atlassian.jira.servermetrics.MetricsCollectorFilter.doFilter(MetricsCollectorFilter.java:25)
... 23 filtered
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2018

Bother, I was hoping that would contain the smoking gun, but it doesn't. 

I have seen that error before, several times.  Most of the time, the log says what it was, but twice now, it hasn't.  A simple restart fixed it once.  The other time, we had to get Atlassian support involved.

So I'd try restarting, and if the error happens again, raise it with https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Deleted user February 7, 2018

Tried restarting a couple of times..it's really bothersome to have such issues instead of testing the main functions :-P

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events