Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert internal Service Desk comment to shared with customer

Borut Bolčina August 21, 2017

Hello,

As an Agent I want to make an internal comment made by a Developer visible to a Customer.

The idea is to edit the Developer's comment as an Agent (the blue button "Share with customer" is visible and active), but when pressed the edited comment is not published to a Customer portal.

Are there some permissions to set for a Developer Project role?

Thanks for the answer or suggestion how to make a workflow.

3 answers

0 votes
Brittany Steed April 12, 2019

If Atlassian produced a "last comment" variable for Service Desk automation rules, that would do the trick!

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2017

@Semi Kefi [demicon GmbH],

This is exactly why there are internal and public methods. The developer (collaborator) places a 'wordy' comment into the ticket the Agent, wanting to share some but not all of the details, will copy the comment into a new comment and edit for customer consumption then click Share with customer.

Borut Bolčina August 22, 2017

Thanks Jack, I am well aware of the current intended workflow, but...there is always a "but".

We, and I am sure many others, have a case where Customers are tech-savvy and can handle well written answers from Developers (Collaborators).

It is a waste of time for an Agent to manually copy/paste/reword the Developer's answer if he/she determines that the Developer's answer is valid. So, I think there should be an option for an Agent just to elevate/approve and share the answer forward to a Customer. That is quick and responsibility is still in Agent's actions. As a side effect, the Developer and the Client will not be inclined to communicate via any other channel if they would not be satisfied with the delay Agent can cause.

I think this is a very valid scenario Atlassian should consider.

Like Oliver Eckle likes this
Sandra Toppin June 30, 2020

We have the same issue. Also for new staff, those with English as a second language, it is sometimes best for them to write their reply as an internal comment, assign or share the ticket with an agent who can edit the reply before sharing with the customer.

0 votes
Semi Kefi [demicon GmbH]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2017
The idea of JSD is that only the Agent can interact with the customers. You cant set permissions to allow a developer to comment to an customer.
Borut Bolčina August 22, 2017

Yes, that is why I (as an Agent) want to have an option to somehow edit/clone/approve the Developer's comment to be shared with Customer.

Currently the Developers are communicationg with Customers directly by email and phone. This makes resolving issues quick, but messy and we want out of that email communication hell.

So, I am looking for a middle ground, a solution which will not create a bottleneck on an Agent and will still make communication efficient.

Any idea?

Like Oliver Eckle likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events