Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence site admins do not get automated email notifications for Request Created

Jason Gorman September 25, 2019

In my Jira Service Desk, I have a Customer Notification enabled for requests created in our email channel.  We also have Confluence, and the Confluence site admin group does not get notifications when they use this channel.  The email logs show that notification email fails with the following error, jsd email fail.png

The site admins have accounts in the Project's Customers list.  I can't figure out if they need an additional group membership or a special role or a specific user permission in order to receive notifications.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated, thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jason Gorman October 2, 2019

I found the solution to my problem:  the group of Confluence site admins belong to a group named site-admins, and this group was included in Product Access -> Administration Access -> Jira Administration.  Removing the site-admin group from Jira Administration enabled their user accounts to follow the role of Service Desk Customer - Portal Access.  They are now receiving the automatic notification like everyone else.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2019

Thank you very much for sharing the resolution, Jason!

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2019

Hi Jason,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Just for a better understanding of the issue, can you please let us know if these confluence users are able to see this project in the customer portal? If possible, ask them to go to the portal to check if they can raise a ticket thought there. This test is important to confirm that they have access.

Also, what role did you add to this group? 

Please, go to Project settings > Permissions and check if the role which you added them have the permission to create issues, browse project, and other permissions as well (the same as Service Desk Customers have by default).

Regards,
Angélica

Jason Gorman October 2, 2019

Hello, Angelica,

Thank you for your response.

I asked the group of customers to access our portal.  All of them were denied access with the message “You don’t have access to any service desks…”.

I added the individuals to the Role of Service Desk Customers in Project Settings -> People, that did not allow them access.

The Project Role of Service Desk Customers is not listed in Project Settings Permission, however “Service Desk Customer -Portal Access” is.  Now, I don’t want to leap to any conclusions here, but I suppose those are different roles and the Service Desk Customer role needs to be assigned to the Project Permission Scheme?

Many thanks,

Jason Gorman 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events