Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Tickets on SLA

David Gage January 30, 2019

Is there a way to automate closing a ticket that's been sitting for a designated amount of time?  I was thinking I could set a rule with the SLA but either it can't be done or I don't know what I'm doing (the most likely).  

Would anybody have any suggestions?

Further Detail:

So we have a Project queue where we store our automated system alerts (just called System Alerts) from some of our servers such as antivirus or file storage.  We generate about 5 - 7 messages a day from our file storage servers, mostly that have little information to act on (eg - "FileStorage1@...com: Status: Running Normally").  Although I have to keep them for compliance purposes, I would like to have them there go to Status:Close after 7 days since if there's a problem, we would already know about it due to the nature of the system.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2019

Hi David,

For OOB Service Desk, we created a "Time to close" SLA. So it starts when an issue moves to a specific status.  In our case "Awaiting confirmation".  The SLA Goal is 2 weeks.  In 2 weeks, this Time to close breaches. We use the Service desk automation rule, triggered on the breach of that SLA to transition to close.  Works perfectly

Hope that helps

Susan

David Gage January 31, 2019

Susan,

Thank you for the advice.  Here's what I've got, if you can let me know if it looks right.

SLA (Time to Close)

• Start = Status Pending
  • Pause On = Entered Status: Work in progress (this is just in case we actually need to do something for it
  • Stop = Entered Status: Closed
  • Goals
    • Issue: reporter = "system@...com"
    • Goal: 168h (wasn't sure if I could actually put a number of days [7d 0h 0m])
    • Calendar: Default 24/7 calendar

Automation (SLA Resolution)

• When: SLA time remaining: Time to resolution is breached
  • If: Issue matched reporter in ("system@...com")
  • Then: Transition issue: Resolve 

Now just waiting for something to happen.

Thanx,

David Gage

3 votes
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2019

Hi @David Gage!

The Automation rules in Jira Service Desk can perform this function for you. The documentation is here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/automating-your-service-desk-732528900.html#

If you need more horsepower for automated actions, the Automation for Jira add-on is great.

Hope this answer helps and if so, please consider clicking the "Accept answer" button so others benefit from the "answered" flag in search results - thanks!

~~Larry Brock

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events