Cannot edit JIRA Service Desk Permission Scheme for Project

Doug Finch November 15, 2017

When I try to edit permissions, I just get a blank screen.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

Hi Doug,

Sorry to hear about this problem.   Is Service Desk currently licensed and active in this Jira instance?  If the license has expired,  Service Desk has been uninstalled, or Service Desk didn't start up properly, then I think you might be encountering this documented bug:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-62083

But that really only happens when users have uninstalled service desk and no longer want to use that product and in turn it appears to have left behind some plugin specific settings.

If that isn't the case here, and you not uninstalling Service Desk, then I would be interested to see if you can follow the steps in the KB: Blank Page when trying to edit Permission Scheme.   This is an alternative approach to investigate if perhaps another configuration change on the system might be responsible for this.

Please let me know.

Andy

Doug Finch November 15, 2017

No luck.  I edited permissions-types, restarted jira getting the same blank white page.  I even deleted the whole project and created a new one - same thing...

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

Humm, well that is strange.   I'm not sure what else might cause this off hand.   So I created a support request on your behalf for this issue.

I would like to see if we can gather some logs there and try to work this case that way.   Perhaps I can see something else in the logs that might tell us what is happening here to cause this problem.

Regards,
Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events