It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot create nex-gen project

I signed up as a fresh account on Jira Service Desk but for some reason I cannot see an option to create a nex gen project and by default all the projects are classic service desk.

I checked the global permission and Jira-admins and Admins have the permission to create Nex-gen projects.

So what am I missing here?

1 answer

0 votes

You select the type of project after clicking "create project", classic/next-gen are not separate functions.

But in other Service Desk accounts, I do have an option to select whether to create a classic service desk or nex-gen.

Also, by default in this account, why is everything created as a classic service desk.

From a template perspective, I am trying to create an external service desk.

Ugh, scratch that post, I'm being dumb.

The default is to create the type of project you last created, but could you explain what you mean by "can't create next-gen project"?  What happens when you click "create project", get the project type selection, change the application to "Service Desk" if needed and then click "try a next-gen project" under the list of types?

Right, so there is a little down arrow on Create Project (blue button at the top right corner), when you click on that, you see Classic Service Desk and Try a next-gen project.

I neither see the down arrow nor the option to select the classic service desk or try next-gen.

attached the screenshots.Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 4.21.29 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-06-30 at 4.21.59 PM.png

What do you get when you click "change template"?

Okay, I thought I saw your reply asking for which another account allows you to create a nex-gen project. I am attaching the screenshots here.Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 4.59.49 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-06-30 at 4.59.43 PM.png

Ok, here's the screenshot when I click on the change template.

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 5.02.52 PM.png

Yeah, I'm not convinced the classic/next-gen drop-downs work particularly well on create project.

I always end up using "change template" anyway.

Yeah, but change template only changes the type of service desk and not the 'type' of the project.

This is really weird though, I have 3 separate JIRA accounts and none of them have these issues.

Well, I don't mind the classic service desk but adding new/customer fields is much easier in the nex-gen projects.

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ So is there a fix for this? Also, is there a way to get official support and forums are my only option. 

That's odd, my Cloud systems all have a grey bar below the templates (in your most recent screenshot), that enables me to swap the list between Next-gen and Classic templates.

Have you cut that off your screenshot, or is it genuinely not there at all?

Ok, that suggests that you're somehow on an old version of Cloud that does not have the option implemented. 

I would check your Cloud version (admin -> troubleshooting and support) and then contact Atlassian to see if a) your latest update is on the way or they've somehow missed you or b) there's a bug hiding it (I can't find anything logged for this)

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ this is really weird, where do I check the cloud version though, troubleshooting and support only has audit logs.

Also, how does one reach out to Atlassian support?Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 6.13.56 PM.png

Hmm, it used to be there.  That's annoying.

Atlassian are on https://support.atlassian.com/contact - this will walk you through to creating a request in the right place.

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ Unfortunately it's only for paid plans, so I am literally stuck here.

Ah.  I am sorry, I did not notice the "free" tag that you gave us.  I should have questioned that earlier.

I am not familiar with the free version.  I understand that it has a cut-down feature set, but I don't know what has been cut.  I would guess that your lack of options may well be down to the reduction.  But I honestly don't know.  I will go do some more reading.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

[New Resource] The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to A...

348 views 4 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you