Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot concurrently log-in to Jira Service Desk (Server) and Jira Confluence (Server)

Member A -Team IC- October 7, 2019

Hi,

I've purchased the Jira Service Desk (server) and Jira Confluence (server) license for development and testing of functionality.

I've assigned Service Desk to run on localhost(Single machine) 8082, and Confluence to run on 8090. OAuth authentication has been disabled for both applications (incoming & outgoing).

The problem is:

When I run both application using ./start-jira.sh & ./start-confluence.sh respectively, I am only able to log in to the Service Desk instance with the administrator account. I will get an error message of "wrong password" when I try to log in to the Confluence instance. I will not be able to concurrently log into both the Service Desk and Confluence instance at the same time.

If I stop the Service Desk instance with ./stop-jira.sh, I am able to log into the Confluence instance with the exact same account details that prompted the "wrong password" when the Service Desk instance was running.

Even if I use a different browser, the issue persists. So it should not be related to cookies.

What do I need to do to be able to log into both Service Desk and Confluence instances with the same administrator account?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2019

My guess is that you have confluence looking at Jira already. And you have an administrator account defined in both local jira and confluence directories.

What may be happening is that when jira is running, confluence is looking at jira before local accounts, and finding the jira administrator account and using that. When jira is not running, it doesnt find that account and falls back to the local confluence administrator account.

What you can do is on the confluence user directories page, make sure that "Confluence Internal Directory" is above "Remote Jira Directory" that will force it to use the local account first.

Member A -Team IC- October 7, 2019

Working fine now! Thank you.

0 votes
Sergey Karaev _Aplana_ October 7, 2019

Hi, from Confluence create a new User Directories (User Management->User Directories->Add Directories->Aatlasssian Jira).  That is Confluence uses the Jira user directory.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events