Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add more than 50 fields in a next-gen Service Desk

Dylan Li May 20, 2020

Hi guys,

I recently found an issue that when I customised the request type in my next-gen service desk, I cannot add in new fields because of reaching the 50 fields limit. However our IT team told me the upper limit is not 50 but 250. I deleted about 20 unused fields but it's still not working. If this upper limit is correct, then how come we could create more than 50 fields when setting up the service desk? I'm really confused, can someone help me out?

Many thanks,

Zelong

Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 17.26.39.png

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2020

>>UPDATE<<

What I mentioned in the answer is not valid anymore. 

The documentation was updated and the limit of fields in a next-gen project is 50 and it's not possible to increase it.

Thank you for your understanding in advance.

------------

Hello Dylan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

As you mentioned on your question, the limit of fields is 255 and not 50.

You can create up to 255 custom fields in your project.

With that said, 50 custom fields it's a soft limit and it's hardcoded, but it's possible to adjust that. 

In order to do that, it will be necessary that your site administrator contacts our support team on support.atlassian.com/contact, because we will need their authorization to access the database to increase the limit of custom fields and this authorization must be done on a ticket and not here in community.

If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Dylan Li May 26, 2020

Hi Angélica,

Many thanks for your help. I'll contact our administrator.

Regards,

Dylan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events