Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add a new Request Type

Kyle H_ January 9, 2020

I have multiple projects, each with multiple request types.  In one of my projects, I have deleted all request types instead of 'Get IT Help'.  When I click to add a new request, I continually get this message.  I can still add/delete request types to all of my other projects.  Help!

I've logged out, cleared my cache, and logged back in but the issue persists.  

Request Type.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kyle H_ January 10, 2020

This is resolved.  I found a field called 'Issue Type' on my request types that had a red indicator saying the field name was reserved by Jira.  Changing that field allows me to create new request types.

1 vote
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Is it possible you have no issue types associated with this project?

Kyle H_ January 9, 2020

Robert,

Thanks for the response.  When I view my Issue Types, I don't have any associated with this specific project but all issue types should be associate via the default issue type scheme to all unconfigured projects.  I'd expect that to pick up anything not directly associated.  Does that make sense?

Kyle H_ January 9, 2020

Digging in more, i'm seeing that the project I created was an independent project as it's next-gen.  When that happens, I cannot associated an issue type scheme to it.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

Ah, sorry, I have no experience with next gen projects.

Since its next gen, do the Picard thing and yell 'shut up Wesley' at it.  If nothing else its stress relief.

0 votes
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2020

Hi @Kyle H_ 

Go to project setting and change project type to software or business and save it. Then change it back to ServiceDesk. It maybe helps you.

Kyle H_ January 10, 2020

Ansar,

Is this an option for Next-gen projects?  Searching through the community more I see that is only an option for classic projects.

Like Ansar Rezaei likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events