Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Service Desk portal be setup so clients can view ticket details?

Philip Freedman June 13, 2017

We are migrating to ServiceDesk (cloud).  Our current ticketing tool allows users to click on an item on the portal view and dive deeper into the details of the ticket that were filled out when it was first submitted.  My limited experience with SD suggests clicking on a ticket in the portal only shows the communciation that has gone back and forth and not all the additonal minutiae.  Short of resetting the expectations of all of our clients and how they use the portal, is there a way to configure the ability to show more ticket details from within the portal?

Thank you

3 answers

0 votes
Adam Dulberg July 26, 2019

I too have found "limitations" when trying to customize the portal view to display specific features, such as Linked Issues. The portal seems to be configurable only for branding and general messaging along with a couple other small things. But through the community boards here, I've found a number of open feature requests such as: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Provide-linked-issues-via-Jira-Service-Desk-Portal/qaq-p/635379

My findings: if you are looking to display specific content to your customers, whether they are internal or external, it does not appear that as of 7/26/19, on Cloud SD you can achieve this.

0 votes
Jo Dolton February 12, 2019

For anyone else who comes across this thread, (as I realise it's old) I've found that I need to use an Add-on form so that the Customer can fill out and view information in the ticket via the portal.  There are still limitations but it gets around much of the basic nature of JSD.  I suggest you look at ProForma

0 votes
Shantanu bhosale June 14, 2017

Follow this link,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-the-customer-portal-732528918.html

but there are some limitations regarding visibility of a field on customer portal.

Philip Freedman June 14, 2017

Thank you for responding.  I am very familiar with this page and have reveiwed this and many other articles related to setting up the portal.  However, this does not touch on the heart of my question/concern which is the ability to view details of a ticket from within the portal.  When a client submits a request there are a number of fields they fill in with details.  When a client views the status of a ticket on the portal, all it shows is the communication back and forth on the ticket.  How, if possible, can they see the information they filled in during the original submission?  What if the issue is shared with another colleague and the colleage wants to know the details?  What if a few weeks go by and they forget some of the information they provided and want to review?   Can that client get that information from the portal without engaging with a support representative?  If that is on the page you provided, please elaborate.  Thank you very much.

Shantanu bhosale June 15, 2017

Hi Philip,

As I mentioned there are some limitations on service desk to customize customer portal and I did not find any plugin to eloborate cutomer portal for Service desk(Cloud),

but client can get an information of older tickets on customer portal.

For all request,

login > Requests > All requests

Philip Freedman June 15, 2017

Thank you again.  Please allow me to restate... Can a client drill down into tickets to view the details?

Shantanu bhosale June 15, 2017

Hi Philip,

Yes, Client can check the details via portal.

Client can only see the details of issue which he/she entered at the time of ticket creation via portal.

Philip Freedman June 16, 2017

How?  The only thing the portal shows is the communication that is going back and forth between an agent and an end user.  Our ticket process has 15 fields +/- and none of that information can be seen when you click on a ticket in the portal.  Can someone please layout the steps to view the ticket details including all the fields that were originally filled out when a ticket was created please.  Thank you.

Shantanu bhosale June 16, 2017

Hi Philip,

To add field in customer portal Go to

Project setting > Request types > Edit fields > Add field 
Select Actions in the column.

You might encounter some limitations in which fields you can have display on the form.

Philip Freedman June 16, 2017

Shantanu,

I appreciate all your help but I'm obviously not getting my question across correctly.  I understand how to add a field to a request type.  I understand how to access the portal.  You keep ending every comment with, "you might encounter some limitations in which fields you can have display on the form".  That goes directly to my question.  When you create fields and add them to the request type and a customer fills in those fields when they create a request through the portal... Can the details of those fields be viewed by a customer once the ticket has been created and submitted via the portal?  Can a customer find out the details of a request/ticket after they submit it?  It looks like the only thing they can see is the status and the comments.  I need someone to confirm if there is a way to add additional metadata to the portal view or to the ticket view from within the portal.  What are the limitations you keep referring to?

Michał Szulda June 5, 2018

Hi,

I know it is a little bit old topic but I have exactly the same problem. Did you find any way to achieve what you wanted?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events