Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can portal customers add other customers to that list of portal customers for that specific project?

Fahad Akhtar November 14, 2019

One of my agents added a customer to portal customers for one of his projects. All of a sudden he noticed 25 other portal customers show up on his list of customers for his project. Is it possible if anyone could have invited or added these customers to my agent's project without him finding out? Is this a field that a customer gets to fill out when creating an issue meaning share this issue with whomever they want by simply typing in the person's email address? Is this something i can fix via customer permissions? Please ask for clarification if needed. Thank you. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2019

the question is how are your customer permissions set. If it is "Customer my team adds to the project" then the only way they can be added is by an agent/admin. If "Anyone can send a request..." then they would pop up when an email is sent.

cust permissions.jpg

We checked the customer permissions for that specific project and sit was set to "customers my team adds to the project"

If these customers add other people/customers do those new customers have the same permission as the original customer?

Does this have to do with organizations and customers having the same email domains?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2019

If you have an organization that is shared on multiple projects then the customers are shared as well. So adding a customer to an org in one project will add that customer to the other project(s).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events