Can Service Desk Send Daily or Weekly Reminders on Approval Requests?

Todd Coates December 5, 2017

We send approval requests to our business users and occasionally they forget to respond.  Can the system be configured to send a reminder with link to approve / reject on a routine basis (daily, weekly, etc.)?

1 answer

1 vote
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2017

Hi Todd,

I recently configured this on our Server version.  It required the JWT post-function plugin.  It seems that there is no way to ping the approvers directly from service desk, so I did it form the jira side.

I created an SLA to time the approval wait

I added a workflow step (to itself) in approval status that "Pings the approvers"

The workflow step only has a post function to "Send Email".  You can configure to send to the approval group and add in custom links (I did one to send to pending approvals).

Then I used the Automation in Service desk when the time to approve breached, I would trigger that workflow step (Pings the approvers).

I went a little further than that, and since I have Extensions for Service Desk add-on, I also reset the time to approve SLA so the whole process will repeat itself until approved.

So a bit tricky, but it works beautifully. 

Hope that helps

Susan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events