It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can Service Desk Send Daily or Weekly Reminders on Approval Requests?

We send approval requests to our business users and occasionally they forget to respond.  Can the system be configured to send a reminder with link to approve / reject on a routine basis (daily, weekly, etc.)?

1 answer

Hi Todd,

I recently configured this on our Server version.  It required the JWT post-function plugin.  It seems that there is no way to ping the approvers directly from service desk, so I did it form the jira side.

I created an SLA to time the approval wait

I added a workflow step (to itself) in approval status that "Pings the approvers"

The workflow step only has a post function to "Send Email".  You can configure to send to the approval group and add in custom links (I did one to send to pending approvals).

Then I used the Automation in Service desk when the time to approve breached, I would trigger that workflow step (Pings the approvers).

I went a little further than that, and since I have Extensions for Service Desk add-on, I also reset the time to approve SLA so the whole process will repeat itself until approved.

So a bit tricky, but it works beautifully. 

Hope that helps

Susan

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

[ Survey ] What does the future of ITSM look like? Take our survey today!

Hi all! We’re interested in learning more about your ITSM practices - what’s the current state of your ITSM practices? What are your aspirations for your IT team in the future? Which ITSM trends ar...

213 views 0 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you