Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Jira for my technical support organisation?

Carl Lundberg December 25, 2019

I represent a company who provides security products to mainly Australian federal and state governments. 
An important component is technical remedial and preventive maintenance that is carried out by our engineering team. 
We currently use Excel workbooks for every client that typically are divided into:

One tab includes remedial service where we log ticket number, client location, client contact information, when call was received, description of problem, responsible engineer, notes and link to a service report. 

One tab includes information about Preventive maintenance ie location, when is it due, when was it carried out and link to the service report. 

One tab includes KPI parameters and our score. 

The Excel workbook is sent to the client every month together with our remedial and PM reports. 

I wonder if this can be replaced by Jira and if so, are there templates one can use for initial set up?

Can reports be exported to clients and/or can the client access them directly at Jira?

Can we store our service reports at Jira, rather than keeping them on MS OneDrive as we do now?

Many thanks,

Carl

1 answer

0 votes
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2019

Hello @Carl Lundberg in my experience if you track your stuff in Excel then you can track it in Jira.

I suggest you contact us via our website and we can help you assess if it's really going to be the case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events