Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I configure the Service Desk portal Request view to show linked issues?

Jan Anderson September 28, 2016

When you click on the Request count at the top of the Portal page for Service Desk, it takes you to a Request page showing a list of requests opened by you or where you are a participant, etc. I'm trying to find out how to add a column to that Request page to show Linked issues such as Defects so the customer can see them and possibly click on the linked issue.

I haven't been able to find any information on how to modify the columns that appear on the Request page.

Also, is there any online training on how to configure JIRA Service Desk other than the page where users create requests?

5 answers

1 vote
Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 6, 2018

Hi @Jan Anderson @Jozsef Lehocz @[deleted] @MarkCai @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_,

To enable modifying columns on My Requests page, we at Deviniti have created My Requests Extension for Jira Service DeskIt gives you, as an admin, the possibility to configure which fields can be displayed on My Requests page, which of them are visible as columns by default, and also define which user group can use a specific field. Then your customers can add, change and reorder the columns on My Request page and filter issues by specific Service Desks, Organizations, Request types and Statuses. For more details, I recommend you to go to the app's documentation.

However, there's a couple of things I should admit regarding this solution:

1. For now, there is no possibility of displaying Linked issues as a column on My Requests page whatsoever. But you can show them on the Request Detail View with the help of Extension for Jira Service Desk, which is another app improving the solution's user experience.
  2. Both apps are only available on Server right now. So, if you're looking for a Cloud solution to customise My Requests page, you can check out Ultimate Theming for Jira Service Desk.

Cheers,

Dzmitry

1 vote
Rene C_ _Atlassian Cloud Support_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2017

Hello, In an effort from Atlassian to make sure we are receiving the feedback from our users If you are interested in the possibility of configuring the fields present in the Customers portal, we encourage you to Vote in the Feature request created by @Jozsef Lehocz :

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5251

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

Rene,

If you look at those list of suggestions, most of them are already covered off in other suggestions.  In addition suggestions should not be bundled together like that as it's possible Atlassian may fix one of them but not all of them.

I also don't see the main problem here which is the ability to display linked issues.

Susan

1 vote
MarkCai November 27, 2016

Hi Janice,

Have you found the answer? I'm also looking for the solution. smile

Thanks,

Mark

Jan Anderson June 6, 2017

No, sorry... I haven't found an answer yet. It is low in my backlog but I haven't given up on it yet.  :-\

Is this the Mark Cai that I know?

0 votes
Jozsef Lehocz August 7, 2017

We also need a Created column to be added for the list of the request on the portal.

0 votes
Deleted user June 5, 2017

I also would like an answer to this if anyone knows?

No answer that I have found yet.  :-(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events