Can I change the default priority of new issues?

Can I change the default priority of new issues created through the Customer Portal? By default all the new issues are 'Medium' prioritized. Is it possible to change that? Is configurable per Service Desk or is it a global setting?

Regards

Rik

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes

Hi Rik,

Please take a look on this article to see how to change the default priority. smile

-- Arthur Gonçalves

I overlooked that section :)

IN Jira Service Desk I have found a way to set the Issue Priority default value (not the default set of values) when customer submits the value. That is done via
Service Desk >> (your specific service desk) >> Settings >> (your Request Type of choice) >> Edit Fields

Add field "Priority" and submitted when issue is created as a hidden field. In that case JIra SD asks for a default value.

My following question. Is it possible to make this happen - the preset value/default value is shown if you chose to create an issue independent of issue type directly from JIRA (outside of JIRA SD)?

That is via the create screen in JIRA Screen scheme for current SD JIra project.

Yes.  You can change the global settings.

or  

if you want to change for a particular project or workflow just do the following: 

Add a 'Update Issue Field'  post function to the 'create' transition.

Make sure to add this post function to the number 1 spot - before the issue is created. : 

example: 

The following will be processed after the transition occurs

1. The Priority of the issue will be set to High.
  2. Creates the issue originally.
  3. Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.

Genius !

This solution has to by integrated on the Atlassian doc

Thank you Adrian

Log on as an administrator.

Find the admin part and issue section,you can find "Priorities" under "Issue Attributes",then set default priority you want.

0 vote
Gilbert I'm New Here Jun 20, 2018

Thx for the answer. To push this further can I set this default priority for just jiras in one specific project or to specific jira types within a project? so not to affect the priority on other jiras of other projects ?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

797 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you