Can I change the default priority of new issues?

Can I change the default priority of new issues created through the Customer Portal? By default all the new issues are 'Medium' prioritized. Is it possible to change that? Is configurable per Service Desk or is it a global setting?

Regards

Rik

5 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Accepted answer

Hi Rik,

Please take a look on this article to see how to change the default priority. smile

-- Arthur Gonçalves

I overlooked that section :)

Arthur, can you quote the relevant section?

The only reference to "default" that I see in that page is this:

JIRA applications come with a set of default priorities

Yes.  You can change the global settings.

or  

if you want to change for a particular workflow just do the following: 

Add a 'Update Issue Field'  post function to the 'create' transition.

Make sure to add this post function to the number 1 spot - before the issue is created. : 

example: 

The following will be processed after the transition occurs

1. The Priority of the issue will be set to High.
  2. Creates the issue originally.
  3. Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.

Genius !

This solution has to by integrated on the Atlassian doc

Thank you Adrian

IN Jira Service Desk I have found a way to set the Issue Priority default value (not the default set of values) when customer submits the value. That is done via
Service Desk >> (your specific service desk) >> Settings >> (your Request Type of choice) >> Edit Fields

Add field "Priority" and submitted when issue is created as a hidden field. In that case JIra SD asks for a default value.

My following question. Is it possible to make this happen - the preset value/default value is shown if you chose to create an issue independent of issue type directly from JIRA (outside of JIRA SD)?

That is via the create screen in JIRA Screen scheme for current SD JIra project.

Log on as an administrator.

Find the admin part and issue section,you can find "Priorities" under "Issue Attributes",then set default priority you want.

Thx for the answer. To push this further can I set this default priority for just jiras in one specific project or to specific jira types within a project? so not to affect the priority on other jiras of other projects ?

I have this same question. Can I change the default priority based on issue type?

hmmm... tricky.

How about using Behaviour?  You can set a behavior to run only on a specific Project and Issue type.    Then you can limit which Priority Options that can be used for that specific issue type.   In my example below If issue type is "bug"  the only priorities  in the drop down menu are "low and "High".     

1. Create a new behavior

2. Select the Project(s) and Issue Type(s) impacted 

3. Create Initializer script: 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.sal.api.user.UserManager

import static com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueFieldConstants.PRIORITY
def constantsManager = ComponentAccessor.getConstantsManager()

def userUtil = ComponentAccessor.getUserUtil()
log.debug ComponentAccessor.getComponent(UserManager)

def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser();

def allowedPriorities = [:];
//limit priority to priority low and high.  ***Check the priority id on your instance
def priorities = [10, 11];
for(int i=0; i<priorities.size(); i++)
{
def object = constantsManager.getPriorityObject(priorities[i].toString());
allowedPriorities.put(object.id, object.name);
}

getFieldById(PRIORITY).setFieldOptions(allowedPriorities)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Dec 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Looking for teams who switched from email to Jira Service Desk

The Jira Service Desk marketing team is working on a guide to help new Atlassian customers switch from email to JSD and we'd love to hear from you! Please share: - What made you realize that i...

252 views 1 6
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you