Automation not working

stacey armstrong November 16, 2017

Can someone help me please...

I am trying to automate the email's coming in from clients into different queues and priorities.

I have set a rule and saved this but nothing is working. 

2 answers

1 vote
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

Dear Stacey,

What values are you basing your automation on? Your client will send in an email, with a certain phrase in a field or a value in a custom field and based on that you want to set the Component / Priority.. correct?

Then you base your Queue on Component?

If you can shed some light on your process for me, then I can hopefully be of help to you in resolving this matter.

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy 

Basically I want the below to happen.

The client send an email reporting that they have an issue

Jira received this and sends the client an email back - which is working so far

I then want the email request type to change from get help to report an issue from what the email body states i.e issue, urgent, priority... 

This is still just coming through as get help not changing the request type to report an issue

Does this make sense

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

Dear Stacey,

It certainly makes sense. I wonder however, if the e-mail that is being send to your JIRA leaves a value somewhere. The Jira Service Desk autoamtion cannot act on the fact that an E-mail has been send out by JIRA.. but it can act on parameters in the ticket. So if a parameter was added to your ticket on the moment that you receive the email.. or send the email.. then you could use that parameter to automatically transition the request type.

Do you think it is possible to execute that?

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy

I would love to execute this but i have no idea how to do this. Can you help. 

Below is an example of the email i have sent wanting that to change the request type from get help to report an issue nothing changed

Hi,
Out app is down and we need this up and running asap. 
This is causing big impact and needs this looking at immediately 

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2017

Alright, I understand. When / how is your e-mail being send? Is that done through a transition? Because if so, then I believe it is better to change the request type when the transition occurs. Do you only have Jira Service Desk automation, or also Automation for Jira?

the email is being sent from the customer's own mail box and we are receiving the request into the service desk queue for service requests.

I am just using the trail at the moment.

Stacey 

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2017

Alright; So the E-mail that you are sending back is purely the notification that Jira Service Desk sends out?

We need something for the Automation to act on. So what does the E-mail that your customer send contain / do.

You could set the Request Type based on Issue Type, or Summary/Description of the E-mail if it has a constant element. But if the E-mail fills in certain fields you could also base it on that.

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy

stacey armstrong November 17, 2017

The email that my customer will send will report an issue. 

The emails are always coming in under get help and i want them to be report an issue based on the email stating i have an issue please help.... Im not sure if you miss understanding me.

Stacey

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2017

Dear Stacey,

Ahah! Well, now we do have something that we can use in automation. You say that the e-mail contains the sentence ''i have an issue please help'' correct?

We can do this in JIRA Service Desk Automation or in Automation for JIRA by Codebarrel. Your choice :-). I created an example in Jira Service Desk automation for you.. however;

Screenshot from 2017-11-20 09-55-39.png

So, when created.. based on the text "i have an issue please help" in either the summary or description.. it will change the requesty type.

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2017

@stacey armstrong, is this question a duplicate of this one or are there different details?

It is the same question however I'm unable to resolve using your knowledge base

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2017

Understood but there is good info/Progress that exists there and would suggest we continue the effort to closure in the original ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events