Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for Jira (cloud) (jira service desk): Sending Email to Reporter, report cannot reply

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2019

I have been using the Automation for Jira for jira service desk to send auto-reminders to my customers if they have not responded in X days. One of the biggest complaints from my customers is that they cannot reply to the email to add a comment, and they must go back into the portal in order to reply. 

I am curious if anyone out there has figured out a way around this using Jira Service Desk cloud. I reached out to Automation for Jira support but they were useless on this topic. I feel like this should be included out of the box, since this is a huge feature gap between using Jira OOTB automation and this third-party tool. 

One of the solutions I tried was to put the URL to the portal and append the ticket number on the link, but now that this automation is serving multiple jira service desk projects, I had to remove this and instead only add a link to the Portal. This would be a huge win for me if my customers would be able to reply directly to my email 

The other solution which I also tried, would be to put the comment directly on the ticket, but the problem with that, is it resets the last updated timestamp and renders part of my automation useless.

Automation rules - JIRA 2019-06-29 12-01-22.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events