Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Rule: How to edit Reporter Field after issue creation

Rod McWilliams May 23, 2018

Hello,

I have a situation where I need the Reporter Field re-populated after the issue is created.

When a new issue lands in JSD via email it automatically drops the sender's email address into the Reporter field.

We have a use case whereby we need that every email-generated issue that lands in JSD must have a single person (within the organisation) assigned as the Reporter.

When I have attempted to create this automation rule:

When -> Issue Created

Then -> Edit Issue

Field -> there is no option to choose the Reporter field as it does no appear in the list of available options.

Am I attacking this use case correctly? Is there a reason why certain fields like Reporter are unavailable from the dropdown?

Rod McWilliams

1 answer

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

Hi @Rod McWilliams,

While creating automation you will not see the reporter field for Edit issue rule why because while setting/ configuring email itself is it asking you to provide the Default Reporter.

Whenever issue will create in JSD you want to set the Reporter as a Single person then why can't you set the Default Reporter while configuring Email.

Hi  @Yogesh Mude,

Thanks for responding.

Setting the Default Reporter at the source would certainly fix the problem. However, I cannot find any section in JSD configuration where I have the ability to change Default Reporter on incoming emails.

Would you mind pointing me to where those parameters can be entered?

cheers

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

HI @Rod McWilliams,

You need to use Incoming Mail Handler.

Admin --> Mail section -->Incoming Mail --> Add incoming Mail Handler

Default_Reporter.png

Thanks @Yogesh Mude,

I have created a new mail handler as you have shown.

I may need to play around with these settings for a while because the first attempt didn't work.

I will work on this for a while...

cheers

@Yogesh Mude,

After trying multiple parameters, I am still unable to get the Default Reporter to populate.

I suspect the problem is that the configuration requires a POP mail server. Our instance does not support POP. We are using a cloud email service direct into JSD.

The POP setup requires authentication for POP/IMAP with usernames and passwords. Our organisation IT does not allow this for security reasons.

I will need to find another way around it.

Thanks anyway.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2018

Hi @Rod McWilliams,

Yes, please contact your IT team regarding this, they will provide the solution for this.

Once you will configure Incoming mail handler, you will get the options like I have shown in my earlier comments image.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events