We have a number of clients who we want to segment into Organizations. Each organization has a member of staff responsible for them and assigns those tasks to specific developers to keep a tack of.
Is the following possible:
1) Ticket comes in from Client A from Organization ABC.
2) Ticket is automatically assigned to the agent responsible for Organization ABC
3) Agent can the reassign that ticket to a developer but also be notified of any changes in the ticket so they are aware of its status.
Hi Robin and welcome to Atlassian Community!
It's possible to create an automation, so when a ticket is created, the ticket will be assigned to someone.
Please, go to the Project settings > Automation > Add rule > Custom rule.
When this happens...
If these match...
Issue matches: Organizations = Org.name OR reporter in organizationMembers(Org.name)
Then do this...
Related to receive notification if they change the assignee to a developer, they will have to be watcher of the ticket and this can't be set on the automation, but we have three options:
- They can manually click on watch.
- They can go to their Personal settings and enable the option "Watch your issues", so when they made a change on a ticket they will be added as a watcher automatically.
- An admin can change this option on Jira Settings > System > Default user preferences and change Autowatch own issues to Yes.
Hello Insight users, As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events