Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto transitioning an issue at a certain date

Hunter Ward August 7, 2018

I have an issue that allows a user to select a person then a date and time, where the date and time is when they are going to leave the company. I need an automate way to take that issue and transition it to another status at that exact time. I do have script runner installed. I have tried a few things but everything seems to be tied to some kind of event rather than a date and time.

2 answers

1 vote
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2018

Hi Hunter,

I see you used the scriptrunner tag, so I take it that means you have that add-on installed. If so, you can use their "Escalation Service" built in script. With it, you can schedule a script to run at regular intervals and take action (such as transitioning) on issues that match a JQL condition. Here is one that we use to close issues that have been in the "In Production" status and not updated for 45 days. You could do something similar and use JQL such as "departure > -1h" (indicating the departure date/time is within the past hour) and then run it hourly.

escalation.JPG

0 votes
Erko Knoll August 8, 2018

Hi Hunter,

I just recently released a new add-on called Hyperion Scripting for JIRA. It has the feature you are looking for in form of a Scheduled Job. Though I don't have the exact script at hand right now that does exactly what you need. But as it is designed to be user friendly and comes with examples, it might be useful for you, especially if you need to deliver additional automations in the future.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events