Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Automated Email

Raymond Moy May 1, 2015

I have worked with someone about this a little while back but I can't find the info they responded with anymore.

The issues I brought up have been resolved except for this one.

When a ticket is received in JIRA Service Desk via email, it goes into open mode and the sender receives an email stating they have created a new ticket and it is currently open.

I am trying to get an email sent out for when the ticket is assigned and stating who it is assigned to.

Currently my setting in the notifications for this project the service desk resides in are these for that Assign function iassign.PNG

I have tried assigning the unassigned tickets both ways from the Assign button at the top and the assign section on the right iassign2.PNG

However both times it does not send an email at all. If I type something in the comment box and then click Assign as shown here. The user will receive a email stating that Raymond responded with a comment but there was no mention explicitly mentioning I am assigned this ticket.

I was hoping that you could help me out with this. Thanks!iassign3.PNG

3 answers

2 votes
Paulo Junior
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2015

Hi Raymond,

By default, JIRA doesn't notify users about their own changes. I believe this is what happening here.

Let's perform a test. Go to your own user profile and set JIRA to notify you about your changes, then you assign a ticket to you.

I hope that works.

Cheers,

Paulo

0 votes
Raymond Moy May 4, 2015

The problem isn't that I myself doesn't get the email that I assigned it to myself, I don't necessarily need that because I understand it was my own action.

The issue is that nobody else on the ticket will get notification of it.

0 votes
Stas May 2, 2015

Hi!

try automation plugin, create a rule that will assign issues. And because rule will be used fron admin account - everyone will recive their notifications.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events