Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvers do not receive email notifications

Paul Cudina June 24, 2019

I can no longer get email notifications to be sent to the Approver/s. I am suspecting an issue with my notification scheme. Note: emails are being sent to the reporter on 'issue create' no problems. I checked the default rules and sent myself a test email from the approval customer notification, I receive that but not in a real event. 

I am only using one notification scheme for all projects. I have notification setup to send to CurrentAssignee/All Watchers/Reporter/Approvers (Customer Field Value) and Request Participants (User Customer field value).

The workflow works fine and as an Approver I can approve requests by accessing the ticket without a problem.

Any ideas?

Paul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2019

Approval notifications are controlled under project settings > Customer notifications. Check to ensure it is enabled.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2019

Wait...I see you are asking about JSW not JSD so my previous comment is invalid.

notifications 1.JPGCHECK. I can also send a test email and it works fine.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2019

Ok so this is JSD then. I will move the post to JSD. Given you show it is enabled and a test email works I suggest reaching out to Atlassian Support. I wonder if an update may have broken something in your instance. The other possibility is an addon conflict, are you using any?

Well it looks like it's an Add-On. In Safe Mode I received the email notification as an approver. I'm suspecting it's the most recent add-on I installed last Friday. Thanks for the tip for the add-on conflict.

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

Don't keep us in suspense, what was the add on??

Like Richard Cross likes this
Paul Cudina December 11, 2019

Oh who knows, was way back in June and has since been deinstalled. Nevertheless, the vendor went away to fix the issue. Suggest that if you have the same issue, go to safe mode and see if your problem persists. If it does, it's not an add-on. If it works, then it's a case of trial and error.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events