Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any progress on allowing authenticated JSD customers FREE read-only access to a confluence KB?

Chris Purser April 1, 2019

This has been requested for some time. And we understand the need for user licenses for people who can create pages, personal spaces etc.  But we're only looking for authenticating free JSD customers in confluence to we don't have to pay thousands of dollars for hundreds of "possible" customers, maybe 10% of whom would actually log in and use the Knowledge Base.

Right now it has to be made public for anyone to see it, but it would be nice to lock it down. It would even be ok to have a reasonable charge for read/comment-only users, something like $1/yr per...

Today, for us to support our 450 customer users, about 50 of which might log into the KB and use it once per month, it would cost us $12,000 per year.  ...for 50 users.  The problem is that we can't ever know for sure which users might use the kb at all. 

I've seen this request many times but it's not turning up in any searches I've tried today. Sorry if it's redundant. 

Any progress on this?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2019

Hi Chris,

It's possible for customers to see pages without a license, but it's required that you migrate their accounts to Atlassian account.
They will be able to see the pages of a space that is linked to the Service Desk that they have access.
I've created an article with all the steps:
- How can I make my users and customers see Confluence pages without a license?

Please, take your time to check and test and if you need any help, let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events