Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow users to submit request using direct link

Canada Drives September 23, 2019

We've created a new request type that we currently have hidden from the portal. I was able to get the direct URL to that request type, but it seems that when we send it to our customers they get a "The request type you are trying to view does not exist" error.

Is there any way around this? 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2019

Hey @Canada Drives 

I am guessing you got the link from clicking view request while editing the request type. Unfortunately that does not work on the portal. If the request type is hidden, it can only be used via the backend, not on the customer portal.

Correct that's how I got the link. I guess having jira administer permissions allows me to access it directly, and a regular SD user not?

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2019

Exactly, it allows you to see it for editing purposes. Usually when you make a new form on an active portal you don’t want users to see it before it’s ready. 

Like # people like this
Ben Weisman April 26, 2021

@Cody Stevens Hey Cody, hoping you can help me here! I need a portal option for employees who don't have JIRA access (to create onboarding/offboarding requests) but I don't want customers to be able to see it. Is there a way to do this?

0 votes
Prashant Rai September 12, 2021

it allows you to see it for editing purposes. Usually when you make a new form on an active portal you don’t want users to see it before it’s ready. 

Check it here  

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2019

so why hide it? but that is another question. :-)

how did you acquire the link? can you provide it here? feel free to redact any private info

When you're in your portal and click on a request type, the URL of that request time is the direct link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events