Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Allow users to submit request using direct link

We've created a new request type that we currently have hidden from the portal. I was able to get the direct URL to that request type, but it seems that when we send it to our customers they get a "The request type you are trying to view does not exist" error.

Is there any way around this? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hey @Canada Drives 

I am guessing you got the link from clicking view request while editing the request type. Unfortunately that does not work on the portal. If the request type is hidden, it can only be used via the backend, not on the customer portal.

Correct that's how I got the link. I guess having jira administer permissions allows me to access it directly, and a regular SD user not?

Exactly, it allows you to see it for editing purposes. Usually when you make a new form on an active portal you don’t want users to see it before it’s ready. 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Jack Community Leader Sep 23, 2019

so why hide it? but that is another question. :-)

how did you acquire the link? can you provide it here? feel free to redact any private info

When you're in your portal and click on a request type, the URL of that request time is the direct link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

2,213 views 14 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you