Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agents are not identifies as customer

Brüse, Bernhard August 1, 2018

Hi there,

we are implementing a self service portal for vacation requests, sick notes etc via JIRA Service Desk incl. supervisor approvals.

HR expects a lists in order to have an overview of all recent requests of an employee. I explained the basic function of JIRA Service Desk with queues and customer list. Unfortunately, requests of a Service Desk agent are not listed in the customer list. Of course, the agent is an employee too. So, his/her requests should be displayed as well! How can I achieve this? Or do I have to present a common JIRA issue filter for searching customer requests and its statuses?

Thank you for your help and ideas!

Regards,
Bernhard

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Charlie,

thanks for your reply.

Yes, SD agents are not listed in the customer list page!

Unfortunately, there is no customer role so I am not able to add the agents to this project role at "Users and roles". I thought JIRA SD handles this topic via "Customer Permissions". I configured the following options:

• Who can raise requests? = Customers who have an account on this JIRA site (Option 2)
  • Who can customers share requests with? = Any customer or organization, by searching in this project (Option 3)
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2018

I found a suggestion in Atlassian's issue tracker about it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5196

Apparently agents will not be included on the customer list.

• If you don't have a lot of agents you could create a saved filter for each one.
  • Or you could create a "2 dimensional" gadget" on a dashboard with "reporter" on the Y axis and "status" (or issue type, or anything else relevant for you) on the X axis.
    The "issue statistics" gadget will work as well.

Thank you for the link. Vote +1

Besides, thanks for your workaround ideas!

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2018

Do you mean the agents are not listed on the "customer list" page?

Or are they listed but there tickets are not under "open requests" and "closed requests"?

Try adding the agents to the customers roles on the "users and roles" page. Maybe that helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events