Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent in both Assignee and Request Participant does not pause SLA when commented on ticket. How fix?

Ian Johnsen February 9, 2018

Agent in both Assignee and Request Participant does not pause SLA when commented on ticket. How to fix?

This is messing up SLA!

Thanks!

Ian

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2018

@Ian Johnsen, just one piece of advice here FWIW. The jqls are overly complex. I have a hard time just consuming. I would recommend creating a Group and placing the users in that group then manage additions and deletions in the group.

As Brittany points out the question doesn’t  clearly state your objective. Then again if you have it working maybe that’ll not important. :-)

Ian Johnsen February 28, 2018

@Brittany Wispell and @Jack Brickey Ok I had to kill those filters.

Example:

Basically, when Agent Ian Johnsen is the Assignee to and issue and Ian Johnsen is added to Request Participants or Watchers, the SLA triggers as if Ian Johnsen is now a Customer and not an Agent. This messes up SLA.

Any ideas how to prevent this?  Ideally, the Assignee should override those fileds and SLA should still be treated as if Ian Johnsen is an Agent.

Thanks!

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2018

@Ian Johnsen 

@Jack Brickey Is it necessary for the Agent/Assignee to be a part of the Participants or Watchers? I'm thinking that it considers him a customer because Participants are usually customers. 

Thoughts on changes to the notifications?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2018

Participants = Customers

Watchers = internal Jira application users

i haven't looked at the details of Ian's findings but i have seen many SLA mis-firings associated w/ inaccurate SLA configuration. To really understand I would like to see the original SLA so I could better comment on the cause. 

sorry for the disconnected brevity here as i'm tied up on some work stuff at the moment.

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.07.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.08.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.09.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.09.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.10.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-28 at 11.10.51 AM.png

@Jack Brickey @Brittany Wispell

Thats everything.

Lemme know if that helps :D

Thanks!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2018

holy cow! never seen a more conditional SLA. you deserve a prize or something! ;-)

I will have a look over a beer tonight.

LOL

Cool thanks!

FYI - I'm slightly OCD with our Service Desk project hahaha

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2018

WOW. I am going to have to do the same as Jack. 

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2018

Hi @Ian Johnsen could you send a screenshot of how your SLA is set up.

The question is a little vague. 

I think i found the solution. Added those top two JQL statements. The very long ones. I'm still not 100% sure SLA is properly working however.

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 5.13.48 PM.png

What would ultimately be nice is if Atlassian had Hierarchies. Like Assignee > Request Participant. Assignee should overrule Request Participant. I think Jira getting confused thinking that the agent is a customer when in both assignee and request participant fields.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events