Add Activity stream to customer portal in service desk

Hi there,

I am wondering if I could partition the JIRA Service Desk customer portal to add Activity Streamer with the latest knowledge base articles. This would be great so our users can see that a knowledge base article has already been done for the issue they wish to submit.

Best Regards

Bec

4 answers

Well, this is a good suggestion, but would you please take a look at here to see if it works for you. If not please let me know for further investigation smile

You mean after creating issue? When customer writes the summary and clicks on Create? 

can you elaborate more please?

Hi Sam, 

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I was thinking something like this:  

2015-03-25 11_56_08-Fugro Survey Division Helpdesk - Service Desk.jpg

As our users would most likely be entering/looking the same issues that has already been recently entered or updated.  It would be great to have a feed that shows it is already there and they don't have to search for it.

Cheers 

Bec

Hi Sam, 

Yes, the search bar is always a good functionality.  But as you know people are lazy and don't necessary write the correct keywords for what they actually want, especially if english is their second language.  Having a live/up to date of what is trending or recently added would be a great benefit for our customers.  I suppose they (the customers) could configure their settings not to have the feed.

Cheers 

Bec

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

788 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you