JQL Query to find Sprint Changes

Pikk_Phengsykeo January 29, 2020

Our operation has a field called Sprint and throughout the iteration we may update this field to a future Sprint if it can't be completed within the current Sprint. Anyone have a JQL Query to find the changes to a field such as Sprint? I can see the Activity log for the issue showing that there were changes made to the Sprint field where it shows the old value and then the new value.

I'm trying to query for tickets that have been updated with new Sprint dates for this week.

Thanks in advance for you input.

1 comment

Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2020

Hi @Pikk_Phengsykeo 

When you decide to change the sprint, you can "add" the future sprint to the "Sprint" field and keeping the current sprint. By this way, you'll keep a record that the issue was original planned for a sprint and was later added to a another sprint. An issue can be added to multiple sprints.

When you take this approach, you can use the following JQL, to find all issues that are in the current sprint and also added to a future sprint:

project = "SYD" AND Sprint in openSprints() AND Sprint in futureSprints()

Like Pikk_Phengsykeo likes this
Pikk_Phengsykeo February 18, 2020

What are the steps to add the future sprint? When I edit the Sprint field it doesn't allow to add another Sprint. I have to delete the old sprint and replace with new sprint value.

Randy Cable June 17, 2020

Raj, perhaps it is our specific implementation, but unlike Fix Version, we are unable to add an additional Sprint. How nice if that were not the case.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events