Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Creating a Delivery Ticket it does not bring over the description, attachments, comments, etc.

Ashebe.Pierre March 22, 2023

Product Discovery - When creating a delivery ticket it does not bring over all information

While using the Product Discovery Project Template - Under the "Delivery" tab and after selecting "Create a Delivery Ticket" it does not bring over all the information/details from the original ticket idea fields to the Delivery ticket (which I assign to a team). E.g., Description, attachments and comments. It only brings over the quick summary field (name of the idea) and linked issues. How to get the information from the Description field, Comments field and Attachments field to carry over to the newly created Delivery Ticket? 

1 comment

Comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2023
Like Ashebe.Pierre likes this
Hannah Garvin March 22, 2023

Hey @Tanguy Crusson 
I used this

https://www.loom.com/share/18ece4f7301c4c2f82c55ad33b3cfbfd

When you set up the 'Issue fields' condition I changed it to 'Is one of' (and then selected the options), rather than 'equal' to as when creating delivery tickets from an Idea I either assign Story, Task or Bug issue type.

Hopefully this helps.

I'm still trying to work out how to automate custom fields into preset fields in Software projects e.g. I create an estimate/hrs field in Polaris and want it to populate in the original estimate field in the Software project - currently waiting for someone to get back to me as it's a bit different trying to automate custom fields from Polaris into Software projects.

Good luck

CC March 22, 2023

***Caution on the automation*** I have a bug ticket pending.  I put the automation in place as described on the page and it worked great when I create delivery issues.  However, when you link an existing issue to an idea in JPD, the data on the JSW side is deleted. I delete a bunch of the descriptions on the JSW side and had to manually re-add them.  @Ashebe.Pierre @Tanguy Crusson

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2023

I believe @Hermance NDounga recently looked at how the automation rule should look like if you link existing issues (vs create) and treat that case differently. Is that right Hermance?

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2023

@CC  

Indeed, if you set up this rule and sometimes you create tickets from within JPD, and sometimes you link existing tickets (with existing description), in both cases, the Jira Product Discovery *idea* description will be copied. 

In that case,you can simply add a condition, checking that the description is indeed empty, before copying the description. 

This is how it looks like on the rule 

image-20230314-120905.png

Don't hesitate to check out our documentation regarding automation to find more about triggers, actions, and conditions to make sure you adapt your automation rules to your use case : Automation Overview 

Cheers, 

Hermance

Like # people like this
CC March 23, 2023

Merci Beau Coup!

Like Hermance NDounga likes this
Oran Aviv September 12, 2023

Hi Tanguy! 

The Loom video in the article is outdated. most of the actions she's referring to are not possible in the current product version. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events