Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are some ways to Copy Key Customers to JSM

Robert Lanckton March 31, 2023

Our Feedback process has an JSM board where the delivery ticket is created, then converted into development issues. Our developers and product team will not refer to the Idea, so we need to include as much information from the Idea into the JSM issue as possible. 

What are you all doing when creating Delivery Tickets where you believe the Key Customers should be included in the delivery ticket? I can't think of a way to accomplish this outside of including it in the Delivery Ticket Description. 

Any other ideas? 

2 comments

Comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2023

@Robert Lanckton as with most use cases that are very specific to the workflow you configured, I think your best option is to configure Automation rules. There are a few examples in the FAQ https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/Frequently-asked-questions-about-the-product-how-do-I/ba-p/2002378 (search for "Automation" in there)

Robert Lanckton April 3, 2023

Absolutely will be planning on building out automations for this purpose, I'm just not sure where the Key Customers field would translate best to in a JSM project, since there isn't a similar field in JSM. 

I think I could add it to the description as words, but that strips some of the data viability and filterability. 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2023

Ah ok, gotcha. You might be able to create a corresponding custom field in your JSM project, and keep the options of that field in sync with automation, but I've never try. Maybe worth a try?

Robert Lanckton April 10, 2023

Thanks! I found two solutions - it loses the weighting, but it still captures the important part. 

Robert Lanckton April 10, 2023

I'm noting for anyone else who's curious, I wrote an automation which copies the fields to to a Checkbox list in our Development JSM Project, since JSM Cloud doesn't support multi-select drop down and they're functionally the same.

I also wrote an automation to replicate the behavior Labels in case the JSM project doesn't include a Checkbox Field one can use already, which also replaces spaces with underscores.

If anyone is interested in the automation rules let me know :) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events