cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove whitespace on timeline view for more compact swim lanes

Marco Parente
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 30, 2023

I have a timeline view that has quarter columns and is grouped by product category field. Within each product category group there are multiple ideas, some that span 1 quarter and some that span multiple quarters. The default view seems to create too many swim lanes (rows) within each product category section instead of collapsing them onto the same row if there is no overlap between idea time lines. This creates a lot of white space in the timeline view between rows.

To fix this, I can drag ideas up one or more rows to fill all the white space. This results in displaying the minimum number of rows to show all my ideas and reduces the amount of white space on the timeline. This works; however, if I navigate away and come back to the view, the row position of the ideas I manually dragged are not remembered and I need to do it all over again. 

Any ideas or suggestions on how to resolve this problem to create a more compact timline view? 

1 comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2023

Hi @Marco Parente , it looks like you're hitting a bug, after you drag and drop ideas it should remember the position when you navigate away and back to the view. Could you please create a support ticket so we can access your site and investigate? 

From Jira Product Discovery

• Give feedback
  • Choose "get help from the support team"
  • In there you can copy paste the following:

Tanguy from the JPD team asked me to create a support ticket to investigate an issue I'm facing, as per https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery/Remove-whitespace-on-timeline-view-for-more-compact-swim-lanes/td-p/2548612, to give the team access to the site to investigate it.

Thanks!

Like Marco Parente likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events