Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are you restarting votes?

Gabriel Buck February 22, 2023

I love the votes functionality and have used it for feedback from stakeholders.

My question is, what do you do once you have collected/spent your $10 balance? I have my main list of ideas, then sectioned into top vote-getters across products. Would I have to start a new project for a new $10 balance? Has anyone encountered this use case, and how did you solve it? Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

2 comments

Comment

Radosław Bielak February 22, 2023

I am using new field, like Votes 23Q1 and you have your amount for each quarter by creating new field. So far I did not find any better solution but works fine

Like Kalin U likes this
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2023

Hi @Gabriel Buck most customers are using the voting feature as part of a collaboration session. For example, let's vote for our top 3 out of these 10 ideas. It's a point-in-time activity. So I'd also recommend @Radosław Bielak 's suggestion to create a field name for the session.

Adam Gardner March 1, 2023

Hello there @Rohan Swami ...If there was a way to have voting windows and keep track of voting results...that would be great.  I'd love the ability to open a voting window...let my users login...vote...capture that information and then "close" voting.  Get those stories estimated and assigned to a release...then reset the votes to the users for another round of voting later.  

Capturing WHO voted on what would be SUPER helpful.  

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2023

thanks for the feature suggestion @Adam Gardner we'll keep that in mind for the future. This is just V1 at the moment so we have plenty of room for improvement!

Vanessa Scott July 27, 2023

Hi @Rohan Swami We are just about to start using a JPD project for the internal side of ideas/FR management. Our field teams will be using a form and submitting FRs they get from the field.

Just encountered the 10 vote per person limit today while testing this out with support and now I will have to figure out a workaround for the case where a certain field team member needs to vote more than 10 times for an FR based on field input. I am not sure how much this comes up but wanted to let you know about another use case for JPD and votes. 

Like Rohan Swami likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events