Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation done for multiple issues on one idea

CC May 23, 2023

I have ideas with one issue "implement" link type and some ideas with multiple issues with the "implement" link type.  We can have epics, stories, tasks, etc linked to an idea.  In this specific example, 1 idea is linked to 2 epics (project A and project C), and 3 tasks (project B).  I put the automation in place for 1 idea to 1 issue and as expected it closed the idea when one of the tasks (project B) was marked as done.  All of the issues are "implements" link type.

The product team likes to see the tasks via the delivery status field which is why they tasks have an "implements" link type rather than a "relates to" link type.

I also foresee an scenario where 2+ ideas are linked to one epic.  The 2+ ideas shouldn't close unless all the "implements" are closed.

I see on the website that there is an automation for 1 idea to 2+ epics and an automation for 1 idea to 1 issue (not specific to epic).  It's not clear to me if (1 idea to 2+ epics) will address the issue.

Any guidance is gratefully appreciated.  

@Hermance NDounga 

1 comment

Comment

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2023

Hi there, 

On my community post Automation for Delivery, I am giving example of rules, but the automation tool is powerful and every rule can be modified according to your use case.

For example, the rule for linking 1 idea to 2+ epics, can easily be modified by removing the condition on the epic, and it becomes a rule to link 1 idea to 2+ tickets (regardless if they are epics or not). 

For the second usea case, 2 ideas linked to 1 epic, these rules aren't impacted. Jira simply sees this as 2 * (1 idea linked to 1 epic) and will update the idea accordingly. 

Regarding automations rules, triggers, conditions etc I'd suggest looking at our automation guide Automation Overview  to create the automations rules that would fit exactly your use case

Best Regards,
Hermance
Product Manager @ Jira Product Discovery

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events