cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update custom fields based on information extracted from Insights

Patrick Walker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 14, 2024

We have been using JPD to gather and quantify the asks we get on the CX side of our business prior to having prioritization planning with our R&D teams. Because the insights come from so many channels (ex. Gainsight managed customers, Community posts, Zendesk managed customers, NPS campaigns, etc.) we have been looking to quantify the number of asks from each channel.

As we have a growing list of insights from various channels attached to each request, I am looking to add custom fields on each request for specific channels. I was trying to explore if there was a way in the automation to extract information from Insights to update custom fields and was wondering if there was any guidance here.

For example:
If someone adds an Insight from our Community (which would always come from our Community URL) is there a way for automation to update a custom field named "Count of community requests" on the ticket? The idea here would be able to build reports/lists based on the top requested Ideas, per feedback channel.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2024

Hi @Patrick Walker - not automatically, but if you're happy with adding a manual label to insights as you add them, then you can create fields to count insights for each label (Community, Zendesk, NPS, etc.)

Like this demo from the FAQ

Can we have insights that impact a prioritization score differently (e.g. positively or negatively) ? 

Yes, and here is a demo.

Patrick Walker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 14, 2024

@Tanguy Crussonthank you! I was checking out the label and that might be my next move, though we have thousands of ideas with hundreds of insights already attached to each so was just trying to explore any form of automation to get in a good state. Ideally, we keep the customer facing teams focusing on customers vs internal requests and manual labels as much as possible.

I'll keep exploring to see if we extract to BigQuery if we can build external reporting. Thank you for the quick response, this was helpful just to confirm!

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events