Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share View in Full Screen - Minimize Button

John Ickes May 5, 2023

I want to share a view with a contributor outside of our company so I chose the "Share view in full screen" option so they would not have access to the other views as it will cause confusion and questions.  The problem I am having is that the full-screen view shows the minimize/maximize button.  When they click on that button, they can see all of the views. 

Is there some way that I can limit which views a user sees?

I could see where that would be helpful with both internal and external users, so I'm hoping the permissions may allow for that someday.

Minimize Button.png

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2023

@John Ickes for what you're describing I believe you'll be better served by another feature we're currently working on. Check out this video from 7:30: https://www.loom.com/share/88d5fd1bd2f7428bbd63f17a81c79d6c

We described this here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/A-big-update-on-Jira-Product-Discovery-pricing-creators-and/ba-p/2304729

John Ickes May 8, 2023

Thanks for getting back to me @Tanguy Crusson.  It looks like the upcoming stakeholder access will work for our external stakeholders.  

I would like to 2nd what @Katja Arendt suggested below as it would be great if we could limit our internal contributors to one or more "Shared Views" with limited permissions.  We would like for the views outside of that area to be limited to the team. 

Thanks for creating Product Discovery, it is a great tool for our team!

Shared Views.png

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2023

Thanks for the feedback @John Ickes , so something like what Confluence does then 👍

Like Nathan Belen-Carmody likes this
1 vote
Katja Arendt May 7, 2023

Or in general to be able to restrict the permission of a user on each view. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events